RSPCA POLICY NOT TO ACCEPT ABANDONED PETS

HOW THE RSPCA DEAL WITH LOST PETS

WHAT THE RSPCA DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW

Tuesday 3 January 2012

RSPCA DISREGARD PARKING LAWS AND EXPECT COUNCIL TO PICK UP THE BILL

AN RSPCA inspector was slapped with a parking fine as he attempted to rescue a bird in distress.
So, if the RSPCA think they don't have to pay parking fines, do other charities think they are excempt too?
Ian Robertson had been called out to Southport town centre on Thursday afternoon after a pigeon became caught in netting above New Look on Chapel Street.
Ian Robertson, RSPCA thinks he can park anywhere, becuase he goes to work in fancy dress posing has someone with authority.
Parking on nearby London Street, Ian rushed to the scene and worked with firefighters to try and free the bird. (Why do professional Firefighters work with an ordinary member of the public?)
Returning to his van half an hour later he was shocked to find he had been issued with a £70 parking fine despite clearly displaying a note explaining the situation.
Ian, who has worked for the RSPCA for 27 years, said: “I parked as near as I could to the pigeon as I needed to be close to my equipment. I put a notice in my van window saying I had been called out to a rescue on Chapel Street. The vehicle also has clear RSPCA signs all over so it’s obvious who it belongs to.
“I don’t understand why they felt the need to fine me when it was obvious why I was parked there. (perhaps because you were parked illegaly)
I hadn’t just popped out to buy a butty, I was rescuing an animal. (NO YOU WEREN'T THE FIRE SERVICE WERE) I even stopped the warden who gave me the ticket and told her why I was parked there and she wouldn’t have any of it.
“If I get a call about a sick or injured animal I can not leave it in distress. It’s my job to get there immediately and rescue them.
“I am finding it more and more difficult to do my job now. Parking in Southport town centre is a nightmare and when your job depends on you reacting quickly it can seriously affect your ability to do the job properly.
“The RSPCA is a charity and can’t afford to pay out fines therefore it will have to come out of my pocket.” (The RSPCA is Britians richest charity !!!!)
This is the second time Ian has been handed a parking fine whilst in the line of duty. (LINE OF DUTY !!HE WORKS FOR A CHARITY!)  In May last year he was issued a fixed penalty notice when trying to rescue a pigeon from behind Rawcliffes on Hoghton Street.
After a lengthy appeal process Ian and the RSPCA managed to overturn the decision and he is hoping to do the same this time. (Why did the Council overturn this ticket ????)
“I will file a report as soon as I can and try to make the council see sense.”  (so the Council have no sense !!!, why should this be different from any other member of the Public?)
Fire crews were called out to the rescue at 12noon on Thursday. Unfortunately Ian and the firefighters were unable to free the pigeon before it died.
http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/southport-news/southport-southport-news/2012/01/03/rspca-inspector-faces-70-parking-fine-while-rescuing-trapped-pigeon-in-southport-101022-30044955/

2 comments:

Queenie said...

Well for a start he'd have just stood there while the Fire Brigade did the hard work and for a second thing, even ambulances on emergency calls get tickets if parked illegally, my ambulance driver ex-husband got three and the courts weren't interested.
Why the hell should the rspca be exempt.?

Anonymous said...

the bloke looks like a smarmy shite, why does he think that he can get away with a parking fine when everyone else has to pay, dress in a uniform and they think they are god